I have been trying a couple of different recipes when it comes to cereal. The other day I tried a hot cereal recipe – Hot Flax cereal.
I have had a diet of eggs for breakfast with some vegetables and/or a zero to one carb meat side since I started. It varies from week to week by what’s been on sale. I really started to miss some cereal. While searching some Keto and Low Carb sites I ran across WickedStuffed and her Homemade Keto Crunchy Cereal.
Homemade Toasted Almond Coconut Cereal
I took 1/4 c unsweetened coconut flakes (I used Bob’s Red Mills; about 3 net carbs) and toasted them in the oven on 350 for about five minutes. Let them cool for a minute before placing them in a bowl. I then poured 1/2c unsweetened coconut almond milk (I used Blue Diamond brand; 0 net carbs) over the coconut and added 1 pack of Splenda (0.9 net carbs); sprinkling it on top of the coconut and milk.
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅛ cup almond slivers
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 pack Splenda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle almonds and coconut flakes on a non stick baking sheet.
- Toast them in the oven for about 1 - 2 minutes and then flip.
- Toast for another 1-2 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Place in bowl.
- Pour ½ cup unsweetened coconut almond milk over the cereal.
- Add 1 pack of Splenda; sprinkling it on top of the coconut, almonds and milk.
Disclosure : This page may contain some affiliates. Regardless, I only link to those that I use or I feel would benefit my readers.