The finished product.
I have to say I am really proud of my photos. I have been practicing, can’t you tell?
Sometimes I create my best meals when I stand in front of the cupboards wondering what to make. I had some pork chops thawing and I had no idea what to make with them. Opened the cupboard, saw beans and went on my merry way. I just tossed all this in the pan and called it good.
I am actually quite proud of how it turned out -despite my blurry photo. I am still learning my camera and still working on reading through “Tasty Food Photography” & trying to figure out Lightroom. YUM eating is a work in process 🙂
After looking at this photo I realize I need some new placemats. These are my great-grandmothers dishes. I am so happy to finally have a reason for using them!
Skillet ‘Pork N Beans’
- 2 - thick cut bone-in pork chops
- 1 onion - quartered and chopped
- 1 can great northern beans
- lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- no-salt seasoning
- cast iron skillet
- Turn oven on to broil.
- Layer the onions on the bottom of the cast iron skillet.
- Add a few pats of butter.
- Splash the onions with lemon juice. How much is determined by how much you like lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Add the can of beans on top of the onion.
- Place the pork chops on top of the beans.
- Splash with Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle with more pepper and no-salt seasoning if desired.
- Place under broiler. Flip every 3-5 minutes until pork is done.
- Heat thermometer should indicated 160 degrees.