I got lazy and resorted to using a Jiffy box mix.
I try really hard to cook as much and as often as I can, but sometimes I just have to resort to the box. Sometimes Jiffy and I can be best buds and there are times when I am cursing them like an angry sailor. I tend to do a lot of experimenting with Jiffy mixes, too because I have a local outlet which sells them for 25 cents a box. Plus, they remind me of my great-grandma and grandma. I just can’t imagine my life without those little Jiffy box mixes.
You know why else I love them so much? Perfectly portioned for me and my family. Since kiddo is only here on weekends, I don’t have to worry about half of a cake pan yelling at me during the week to eat it. Besides, it’s not like we use them every week, so I don’t feel bad about throwing them into the mix every so often. I do make my own pancake mix, so I think it’s a fair trade. 😉 I know I should not eat this stuff at all as it doesn’t help in the weight loss or insulin resistance department.
Middle of summer I started to get obsessed with cooking, baking and drinking lemon garnished goodies. I think it has died down a little bit because our summer quickly turned into fall with the never-ending rain.
Since it’s cooler I thought I would take advantage and turn the oven on.
Besides, sometimes you just have to have a warm donut right out of the oven.
- For the Muffins:
- 1 Bluberry Jiffy Muffin Mix
- 1 tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- ¼ c Skim Milk
- 1 egg
- For the Glaze
- ¼ c Skim Milk
- ⅛ c Lemon Juice
- ⅛ c Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease your donut pan with your preferred method.
- Pour all ingredients in a bowl and blend on low until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Using a small spoon, spoon the batter into the donut pan.
- Do not fill to top as batter will expand when cooking.
- While the donuts are cooking you can mix up the glaze. If you want it a little thicker, add more powdered sugar.
- Once donuts come out of the oven place them on a plate and add the glaze to the top.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Do you have that one thing you know you are supposed to eat but you just can’t give it up?