In my quest to make restaurant-style favorites at home, this is one of my many attempts, but the first in my new journey.
First, I used 5 pieces of diced buffalo-style chicken that were leftover from our Homemade Applebee’s Style Boneless Buffalo Wings.
We had quite a bit leftover so I put them in a Ziploc freezer bag and put them in the freezer for another time.
Homemade Buffalo Style Baked Chicken Salad 'like' Applebees
- 'Applebee’s' Style Boneless Buffalo Wings
- 4- 6 chicken breasts
- Light margarine
- Red Hot or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 packet of hot and spicy shake N bake
- Homemade Buffalo Style Baked Chicken Salad
- 5 pcs of diced buffalo style baked chicken
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 boiled egg sliced or diced
- 1/3 c 2% Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese
- 8 black olives sliced
- 2 TBSP Fat Free Ranch dressing
- Cut up the chicken into cubes. Each breast should yield about 6 pieces.
- Take the chicken pieces and put them in the bag with the shake n bake mixture. Shake, and bake according to the box instructions.
- While they are cooking, in a skillet mix 1 cup hot sauce with ¼ c of light margarine.
- You can adjust this according to your own tastes and depending on how wet or dry you like your wings.
- Melt the butter and mix with the hot sauce.
- Once the chicken pieces are done baking put them in the skillet to coat them with the sauce. That’s all there is to it.
- This was the first time I made this, and I did not get it from a recipe book so you can modify it to your tastes.
Leisa Good says
Good recipe! I love hot wings!
Me too! All kinds!