Over the holidays I was given a bag of Monk Fruit in the Raw. I never heard of monk fruit up until that point. I signed up for a free sample around September or October. YUM wasn’t very old then so I was excited to get my hands on something that could potentially turn into a sponsor post.
My bag of Monk Fruit in the Raw arrived in November. I was excited to join the Recipe ReDux’s Monk Fruit in the Raw Holiday challenge, but the problem was, at that time I was not accepted into The Recipe ReDux. So, the Monk Fruit folks emailed me to let me know that I could not enter the contest. *sad face*
I made the cookies anyway and the good news is I am officially a member of The Recipe Redux and my first post will be this month!
It’s super secretive information so I can’t tell you what I’m cooking up, but it will be a lot of fun.
These cookies ended up being a bit of an experiment. The whole concept of Recipe Redux is to take a recipe and make it healthier. In this case the sugar was replaced with the Monk Fruit in the Raw.
While kiddo liked these cookies and I didn’t mind the nice minty taste, they were a little drier than what I prefer my cookies to be. However, it did make a good crumbled topping for our Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream.
Healthier Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking sods
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2/3 cup Monk Fruit in the Raw
- 2/3 cup zero calorie brown sugar I used Ideal Brown, xylitol
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl add monk fruit, brown sugar substitute, and melted butter. Blend.
- Add eggs to the sugar mixture, one at a time. Blend after adding each.
- Slowly add sugar mixture to flour mixture and continue to blend.
- Add mint chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by TBSP on greased cookie sheet.
- Cook 10-11 minutes.
“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.” ~ unknown