Hey y’all! Did you know that March 14 is Pi Day?
I know I sure didn’t. But the folks over at my sponsor, Foodie, is all about sharing the Pi love with my readers.
I love pie. I could eat pie every day. I really enjoy a nice fresh homemade still partially warm pie after dinner with a nice and flavorful cup of coffee. As much as I love tea, I have yet to find a tea that I like to drink with pie. Trust me, I have tried so many. If I get a tea like Chocolate Cream or Chocolate Mint it ends up taking away from the pie. If I drink a plain tea like black, Irish Breakfast, or French Roast then it just doesn’t pair well with my pie. But, that’s ok. I’ll leave the tea to my special tea biscuits.
Lately my pie coffee of choice has been this wonderful cherry coffee we got at the Grand Traverse Pie Co. in Traverse City. I try not to drink it too much because the bottom of the bag is near. When I am not drinking that, I find a nice Hazelnut to be a good mix with a fruit pie.
But not all pie in my life has to be a sweet pie or a desert pie. I love many other pies like those sinfully wonderful Scotts Pies I had at Ups N Downs in Sarnia, CAN. I count down the days until I can eat there again. I’m also a huge fan of Shepherds Pie and I can’t wait to share with you guys in March my amazing (and it turned out so beautiful) Shepherds Pie in honor of all things green and Irish.
Until then, I have put together a collection of yummy pie recipes to keep your taste buds watered until my very own March madness has begun.
So while you wait for my delicious traditional Irish and fun green themed recipes to make their appearance, grab your favorite beverage and check out my 14 Favorite Pies from Foodie.
Note: If you have an ad blocker on, you’ll want to turn it off so you can see the embedded Foodie photos.
1. Spinach and Feta Pie with an Oat Crust. Just something about the spinach and feta together made my mouth water. I am a huge fan of both and I often make a salad with the two. So I can only imagine this must taste somewhat like a white pizza.
2. Fish Pie. Hey, get started for some Irish tradition because the Irish loved their fish and their pie! This looked pretty amazing.
3. Greek Hand Pies. Never had them. After looking at this photo and reading the recipe I now know I must have some Greek hand pies in my life. Maybe April needs to be Mediterranean themed??
4. Antique Apple Pie. I am a sucker for a good apple pie. I was mesmerized by the crust on this pie.
5. Beef and Potato Pie. Here we go with the meat pies. This one looked incredibly simple and has some of my family’s favorite ingredients. It doesn’t get much easier than meat and potatoes!
7. Mince Pie Recipe. I’ve only had a mincemeat pie once in my life. I am telling you, when you find someone who makes them well, once is not enough.
8. Steak and Guinness Pie. If you know me, even in the smallest amount, you’ll know exactly why I picked this pie.
9. Double Crust Chicken and Mushroom Pie. This looks and sounds amazing. My husband will want to pick the mushrooms out, but that just means more for me. It reads much like a chicken pot pie. Hellooooo — its double crusted?? Anyone else find the YUM in this?
10. Vegan Lentil Shepherd’s Pie with Parsnip and Potato Mash. Ok. Hold up. I know, more Shepherds Pie. But, Oh, I can’t help it. I love lentils and honestly can go a few days without eating meat. I promise.
11. Guinness Shepherd’s Pie. Anyone else notice a theme (or two) going on here?
12. Turkey Shepherd’s Pie with Cauliflower Parmesan Mash. So yeah. I just did that. A lower calorie Shepherd’s Pie option. I’m game.
13. Calzone. A folded pie of the Italians. I had to have something to break up the Irish theme of pies, right?
14. Kahlua Ice Cream Pie. Wait for it. Let your eyes gaze upon it for a while. Ok. Now. Eat it. Eat it now. Excuse me while I go wipe the drool off my keyboard so I can continue.
And there you have it. My 14 Foodie Pie recipes that I find simply amazing and can’t wait to nom nom nom them.
Have a favorite? Feel free to share it in the comments.
Disclosure: I’m a part of Glam Media and their Foodie channel. This was pie post was sponsored (we all like pie, right?) and I was compensated for my time (I like money, too!) But regardless, I would not share a pie I did not find amazing in photography, ingredients or taste. These are all pies I have tried in some way or form or plan to try to have personally added them to my own Foodie board.
Leave a Reply