I am just going to cut right to the chase today you guys. I am madly in love with Sun Basket foods. I have done a few food delivery program reviews in the past and while I felt they were great, I also felt the foods just didn’t quite fit my WOE (way of eating.) And that is not the fault of that particular food delivery program, but rather my own pickiness. I like to stay as low carb as possible without added sugars and as clean as possible. I find eating that way helps with my PCOS, anti immune issues and keeps the inflammation down with my osteoarthritis and degenerative disk. I also think it has been a huge help with my mental health as well.
When Sun Basket came into my life and I saw they offered meal plans which were non-GMO in a Gluten-Free, Paleo, Chef’s Choice, or Vegetarian option. Another thing which I was drawn to was that their food is sustainably sourced with seasonal ingredients from the country’s top farms. Very farm-to-table which makes me really happy. They also are advocates of responsible sourcing which means grass-fed, antibiotic-free pastured meats and sustainable seafood from ranchers and fisherman they trust.
And let me tell you, you CAN really taste a difference in these meat products.
Here’s how Sun Basket works:
- You choose 3 recipes for 2 or 4 people at $11.49 per meal.
- Customize with Paleo, Gluten-Free, and Vegetarian options.
- They also have a Chef’s Choice and Rise & Shine option (mmmmm breakfast)
- Created by a top San Francisco chef and approved by a nutritionist.
- Ingredients are pre-measured. Less hassle for you and less waste for the environment.
- Skip the grocery store and enjoy the best seasonal ingredients.
- Discover new products and flavors that are hard to find on your own.
- Weekly delivery to your door.
- Ingredients are shipped in an insulated box so they stay fresh.
- Recyclable and reusable packaging materials.
The recipes are simple, quick, and taste AHHHH-Mazing. I know some of you are scoffing at the $11.49 per meal. But the accountant in me did the math. I know at my local grocer, grass-fed meat – just ground beef is $8.99 per pound. By the time you buy all the ingredients for the recipes you are going to go way over that $11.49 per meal.
Because these recipes are super quick, you can have dinner on the table in no time and SKIP going through the drive thru or ordering a pizza.
What I Tried:
I picked the Paleo option, and all of my Paleo recipes were also Gluten-Free. I was extremely happy with EVERYTHING! Plus, I had so much fun putting these together, getting back into the kitchen, and cooking again. Cooking is good for my soul.
- Pan Roasted Pork Loin with Peach-Tomato Salsa
- Mediterranean Beef Kebabs with Mint-Pistachio Relish
- Almond-Crusted Cod with Chermoula and Cucumber-Olive Salad
I thoroughly loved everything.
Disclosure: I was given Sun Basket foods to try for free in exchange for my honest review. I am not being compensated for this post. All photos and opinions are my own. Links are affiliate links and than means should you choose to make a purchase, I’ll make a few cents off your order. That being said, I LOVE Sun Basket and if you are looking for a healthy, affordable meal plan, I think Sun Basket is perfect for you.