Do you guys remember at the first of 2016 I saw a post on Facebook and had decided to bring in 2016 with an Awesome Jar of my own? It showed up just a few days after I had packed my things and parted ways with the McConnell household. I wasn’t feeling super happy about my situation and was wondering what I was going to do with myself.
Despite how 2016 ended, I had a LOT of great times, plenty of smiles, did a bit of traveling, and was able to get back to me again. Overall, it was a pretty amazing year for me. I was ready for it to be over though.
2017 has so many wonderful things in store for me and I could not wait to get this new year started.
I found my pretty music box jar on a trip to some antique shops with my mother a few years back. It sat in the china cabinet at the house with kiddo and my ex for the longest time – doing nothing. Now, it’s doing something. Something very special.
Starting January 1 when something awesome happens or I feel like I have something to be thankful for, I am going to place that on a piece of paper and put it in my jar. On New Year’s Eve I am going to sit down with my awesome jar and remind myself of where I was when the year started and how far I have come by the time the year ended.
The directions are a bit different from what I am doing, but that is okay. Take your jar and make it what you want.
So, what did my Awesome Jar contain for 2016?
- Thankful for crossing paths with my (no longer) friend D. For she gave me Stevie Nicks.
- Thankful for crossing paths with ‘book boy’ even though we are no longer friends, because he gave me strength and courage. He believed in me when I couldn’t.
- Thankful for that moment when I realized I no longer need to be afraid.
- Finding my strength.
- Having my 1st ex husband back in my life. He’s been an amazing supporter and friend.
- Reunited with an old friend and having the best of times.
- New and old penpals.
- Getting to a really good place with my ex and kiddo.
- Awesome support of all my besties, near and far.
- Getting back in to therapy with the best therapist I have ever had!
At the end of the year there will be an update on the Awesome Jar and then we’ll start again next year!