So, you made the pizza pockets from Monday and now you are left with an open jar of sauce. Or, you have some leftover spaghetti. Maybe, you just want something new and fun to try! Things have changed a bit here on the YUM eating household. Kiddo is living here full-time since Mr. YUM now has full custody, so that means we’ve had to adjust our grocery budget a bit. While not a huge issue, we are having to go back to our roots a bit with making sure we don’t waste and find things that everyone will love. I’m certainly up for the challenge!
This recipe happened because:
- I had leftover sauce from the pizza pockets.
- I had leftover spaghetti from a weekend meal.
- The packet of pepperoni had been opened.
- I finally got around to shredding my block of cheese.
- I needed something quick.
When the semi mini-me starts glaring at me wondering if I’m going to stuff her belly any time soon, I go into #feedmeseymour mode.
No one likes a case of the hangries.
I warmed the spaghetti. (it’s Barilla plus. I’ve had a few folks ask me, I kept forgetting to tell you. We use the Plus because it has extra protein which makes it low glycemic. I have tried every variation of whole wheat and whole grain and while I don’t mind it, they don’t. And since regular pasta disturbs my PCOS, I wait for this to go on sale and buy a few boxes at a time. We are a family that does the best we can with the choices we have. 😉 )
Then I added the sauce and mixed it all up. Since the noodles were warm, they naturally warmed the sauce.
I topped that with some pepperoni sliced.
Then I added a bit more sauce and the cheese.
Popped it in the microwave again to melt the cheese.
Literally a 5 minute meal.
- 1 zucchini, washed and sliced
- 3/4 c. pizza sauce
- 1/2c shredded mozzarella cheese
- turkey pepperoni
- olive oil
- garlic salt - optional
- Wash and slice the zucchini.
- Put the zucchini in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the zucchini slices.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes and then flip.
- Broil 1-2 minutes and take out of the oven.
- Put a little dab of pizza sauce on each zucchini slice.
- Top each zucchini slice with a piece of turkey pepperoni.
- Top each zucchini slice with mozzarella shredded cheese.
- Put the pan back under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Do you have a super quick meal that is your go-to when the hangries rear their ugly head?