Day 2 of the 30-Day Smoothie Challenge is here!
Check out Day 1- Super Green Smoothie
I don’t feel any different, but then again, today is only day 2. Yesterday I was thankful for my second portion of the drink. But I started to get hungry, even after I ate lunch. In order for me to get away from that I am going to have to do some tweaking to my recipes.
Today I scrambled to make a green smoothie. My refrigerator is empty when it comes to the produce department and I just haven’t had a chance to get to the store. I thought I would try adding some flax because there are a lot of health benefits to the flax.
If flax isn’t your thing this recipe works without it. After I was done I realized maybe I should have put some protein powder in it. I felt like I was starving all day today. Tomorrow I have a new plan for my green smoothie. Hopefully it will keep me full a little longer. Or, maybe I need to address what I am eating for lunch. *shrugs*
- 3 cups romaine and leaf lettuce
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange, peel and quarter
- 1 banana
- 2 TBSP flax
- Add the romaine, leafy lettuce and spinach to your blender.
- Pour in 1 cup water and blend.
- Mixture will be a little thick. If it's too thick for you add a bit more water.
- Add the orange, banana and flax.
- Blend again until smooth.