Crockpot slow cooker meals are my favorite. When I get up in the morning I can start my breakfast, stick the crockpot on the counter and start adding my ingredients as I wait for my coffee to filter through my K-cup machine and for my brain to figure out what I want for breakfast. I had some little cheap steaks in the freezer from Kroger that I had been eyeballing and wondering what I could do with for a while. I wanted to do something a little different and with the cold weather knocking on my door I thought maybe I could bring a little of the Caribbean to my home.
You like that don’t you?
Hey guess what folks? This one is clean, whole Primal, Paleo, Low-Carb and even good for calorie counters. Yah, go me. Way to bring one in for the whole community.
Actually, quite a few of my recipes here fit into a lot of these lifestyles. But we’ll get into that another time.
Caribbean Steak can be paired with many side dishes. We paired our with some simple green beans.
- ½ c water
- 2 tsp minced dry garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dry minced onion
- 1 tsp dry oregano leaves
- ½ tsp dry crushed red peppers
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp lemon infused olive oil
- 1½ lbs blade steak (or other cut of steak)
- Place water at bottom of crockpot.
- Lay steak in water.
- Drizzle lemon infused olive oil, lemon juice and lime juice over steak.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on lowest setting for 2-3 hours or until your meat thermometer shows temperature reading as done.