Monday, December 17, 2007
It has become tradition to do the Reflections blog. Here is this years.
Reflection – 2006
It was a serious roller coaster ride. It had many up and downs. Death. Depression. Heartache. Illness. But, on the flip side, I grew, I lived, and I learned. I had to overcome many things, and I did. At least I am trying to. For me, that is something to celebrate. But life is constantly changing. I am still working on getting my life back in order. Starting over with nothing sure is not easy, but at least I am trying. I hope 2008 slows down a little bit, but thinking about what I know now, it just might continue on for a while longer…..
2) What was your favorite moment of the year?
Finally getting that long overdue divorce. Meeting Terry is up there on the list. He came in my life when I really needed that special something. He taught me that there is still that strong woman inside of me. He taught me it’s OK to continue on the path to being me. He made me dig deep inside myself and show him parts of me I never shared with anyone. Despite what he did in life, I will never forget how caring, loving and compassionate he turned out to be.
3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
Moving 1000 miles away, leaving all of my friend behind. The loss of Terry, the death of Elonna and the death of my beloved grandmother. Getting in a fight with Sean and after the whole ordeal with Lonnie’s death, having to cut ties with Sean.
4) Where were you when 2007 began?
5) Who were you with?
Marcus. The ex hubby. New Years Eve was our anniversary, so we always went out. We were out with some friends.
6) Where will you be when 2007 ends?
Well it’s a toss up to be honest. My family has tradition, and of course I was invited. So I asked a certain someone to be my date, and he promised me. But, who knows with him. But at the same t
ime, I have a plane ticket with my name on it to go to OK. I am confused.
7) Who will you be with when 2007 ends?
As stated in 6, it’s sort of a toss right now. Either my date and my family or whatever, or my friends back in OK.
8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2007?
I didn’t make any. I know I won’t keep them, so I didn’t bother.
9) Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2008?
10) Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes. A Love that will forever be with me. Forever a part of me. Even though he is no longer in this world I will never have any regrets.
11) If yes, with whom?
Everyone here pretty much knows the answer to that.
12) If yes, do they know?
Of course he knew, for he loved me just the same. Hell, I think he loved me more then I ever loved myself. And that taught me a great thing in life.
13) Are you still in love with them?
I will always have love for him. He is my dark angel now. My prince of darkness. Forever a part of me.
14) Do you regret it?
Not at all. And never will.
15) Did you break up with anyone in 2007?
Yes. The divorce marked the break up of me and Marcus after 10 years of being together, almost 5 of them married.
16) Did you make any new friends in 2007?
I sure as heck did. LOTS of them! *blows a kiss to you all*
17) Who are your favorite new friends?
ALL of them…. how can I pick just one?
18) What was your favorite month of 2007?
March and July – me and my gang rocked it out!
19) Did you travel outside of the country in 2007?
No 🙁 ….. But I should have, and now wish I did.
20) How many different places did you travel to in 2007?
Michigan in July for grandma’s funeral, and again the end of July to move
21) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2007?
My grandmother in July, Elonna in October and Terry.22) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
YES! Both of my grandparents, all my friends and loved ones back in OK, Elonna and Terry.
23) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2007?
24) What was your favorite song from 2007?
h I have a few: they may not be new in 2007, but they meant something to me in 2007.
25) What was your favorite album from 2007?
Hinder, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Daughtry, Bloodsimple
26) How many concerts did you see in 2007?
Zero, oh wait I went to this Biker Bash in July when I moved to MI and there were a few bands there, does that count, even if they were all local??
27) Did you have a favorite concert in 2007?
28) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2007?
More then my fair share… Guinness anyone??
29) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2007?
Only those prescribed, and that was a whole hell of a lot for a while there between the depression, the stomach and intestinal illness, high blood pressure and the back issues. But since moving to MI, I only take my meds to help me sleep (damn anxiety), my blood pressure (see need to get my health in shape!)
30) How many people did you sleep with in 2007?
31) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Would have to be, putting mike and mine personal bullshit out there like I did. I know I am very open with my life. And I know this is my corner of the blogland and I do have the freedom of speech. I was mad, hurt, angry and confused. I did not take the time to think about anyone else. It was not fair for me to put that out there like that. Some people are private and I should have respected that.
32) What was the biggest lie you told in 2007?
~SIGHS~ Yeah, I did…bad girl … and only two people would know what I am talking about, and I am not about to spill it here.
33) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2007?
hmmm the first 7 months of it listening to Marcus tell me every day he loved me…right.. Terry telling me I had nothing to worry about ..Again, yeah right… and well…there is more, but I am just not gonna get in to it. I pretty much have this deal where I don’t trust men and think they all lie. I am working on that issue.
34) Did you treat somebody badly in 2007?
There was a period when I was not very nice to Sean. And I feel badly about that still. But his hands killed Lonnie. That’s a hard thing to take. And I know I played a part in it, we all know that by now. And I finally just had enough and Sean and I had a huge fight, and we cut ties. If I treated anyone else badly, it was not intentional.
35) Did somebody treat you badly in 2007?
Yeah, I had my moments. And I am working on getting over all that as well.
36) How much money did you spend in 2007?
Since I started working again, I am sure way more then I should.
38) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2007?
Oh! Let’s see…….. Just call me Grace LOLOL
39) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2007 and change it, what would it be?
40) What are your plans for 2008?
To just keep plugging away at life one day at a time.
Visit my friends for sure! And just slow down and see where life takes me.
41) What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Got divorced. And hope to never have to do that again.
42) Did anyone close to you give birth?
Hmmm I don’t think so.
43) What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More time to write. And maybe actually do something with it this year.
44) What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
45) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a new job, getting accepted in college after a break, finally being brave enough to get divorced
46) What was your biggest failure?
depression creeping back up on me, picking some of the wrong guys to go out with , never living up to my own expectations of myself, and my wicked evil self esteem issues that mess with my head.
47) What was the best thing you bought?
My new cool chic glasses…. LOL I can see now when I am reading and on the PC! My other glasses were old and the prescription was no longer good.
48) Whose behavior merited celebration?
Shannon, she finally got up out of that hell hole that was causing her so much stress and anxiety!
49) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Yikes! My own – seriously!
50) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having a job again, being close to my family even thought I don’t see them very much, getting back into school, earning my real estate appraisers license
51) Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? I am about the same as I was this time last year, just for different reasons.
ii. thinner or fatter? The same as I was…but I would love to change that…
52) What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercised, listened to my docs, spent more time with my friends while they were close by
53) What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being depressed, blaming myself for so much, worrying about what others are going to think
54) How will you be spending Christmas?
I don’t know, I really just want to lie in bed all day and wish it away.
55) How many one-night stands?
56) What was your favorite TV program?
UFC, The Ultimate Fighter, Prison Break, Lost
57) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
You know, I always say that hate is just a waste of my time. But, sadly, there is someone that has burned me and I just really am still pissed off as all hell about it, so yeah, some hatred is running through my Irish blood right now.
58) What was the best book you read?
Oh gosh, I read so many I don’t really know where to start. But my fave is Needful Things by Stephen King; I read it just about every year.
59) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Bloodsimple, A Perfect Circle, Opeth, The 69 Eyes, Death Angel
60) What did you want and get?
Just the divorce
61) What did you want and not get?
I don’t seem to ever get what I want. I want true happiness. I want true love. I want peace within me.
62) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Julie came up from Texas and we went out with Shannon and the girls from work. Got tattooed. And partied hard. I turned 32. Whooopeeee
63) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Perhaps not losing Elonna, Terry…moving…who knows. We really have no way of knowing. Cause if these things did not happen, whose to say something else would not have.
64)How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I’m just me. I don’t follow trends. I like what I like. Comfort. Cool. Calm. Dressed up or down, I am pretty simple.65) What kept you sane?
Oh lord, I don’t think I was sane much this year. But my friends did a pretty good job of not letting me go off the deep end. Especially Shannon while we were working together in hell LOL
66) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Colin of COURSE!!! And Cillian Murphy! Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell of Prison Break ..Oh and lets not forget them UFC men LOLOL
67) What political issue stirred you the most?
The war, still. And all the shite in
68) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Life is too short for petty shit. Tell everyone just what is on your mind because tomorrow may be too late. That forever is a lie.
69) Quote a song lyric.
Well, I’m sitting alone thinking about it all over coffee.
And still crowdin’ my space are the things you still hold against me.
You cannot save me.
Well, it’s not the time to breakdown.
It’s not the time to breakdown.
It’s not the time to break up this love,
Keep it together now.
It’s not the time to break.
Read it all, no need for separating here.
You see what you want and try to justify.
All your little lines,
Convictions and your lies.
What right do you have to point at me?
70) Favorite discovered quote.